Mountain Bike Oregon Details
“It’s like you take all the inconvenient parts of a mountain biking weekend and do it all for us.
You scope out the trails—we ride them; you shuttle up—we bomb down; you cook—we eat;
you tap the kegs—we drink the beer. Everyone is super friendly and super helpful,
and the riding is just amazing!”
Red Covered Bridge, aka "The Portal"
Official name: "Office Bridge"
Address for Google Maps: North Fork Road and Westoak Rd, Westfir Oregon
This location is just west of Oakridge off of Highway 58.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Mountain Bike Oregon features three supported days of incredible single-track riding in the Willamette National Forests of western Oregon. You choose which ride you want to do each day, then either board one of our classic school buses to be shuttled to the trailhead, or join one of the guided rides from camp.
Once you arrive at MBO, we take care of everything. Your pass includes:
- Camping along the beautiful river by the Red Covered Bridge, the bottom of Alpine trail.
- Hot breakfast.
- Delicious lunch fixings - create your custom lunch for a day on the trail.
- Plenty of dinner options with the on-site food carts - open early until late. Riders pay food carts directy.
- Free Adult Beverage Garden featuring Oregon craft beer, hard cider and wine.
- Nightly fun and games, including the famous MBO beer garden crit and Speed Raffle.
- Saturday night is Aloha Time in the Adult Beverage Garden - bring your luau finest for a relaxing evening.
- Daily stretching sessions.
See below for a list of gear and other essentials you will want to bring to MBO.
Demos and Exhibitors at MBO
Some of the bike industry’s top bike brands such as Ibis, Giant and Specialized (to name a few) will be in our exhibitor area with the latest gear for you to check out. They offer:
- Free demo bikes (Demo bikes are limited and are not guaranteed- you still need to bring your own bike)
- Free mechanical support from MBO's exclusive shop support, River City Bicycles
- A raffle
WHAT IT COSTS
Riding Guest - Full Event Access
Registration is only available in advance, online.
Most shuttles, Breakfast, Lumch, Snacks, Adult Beverage Garden, Showers, Clinics, Demo Bikes and Campsite are included.
Top of the Middle Fork: A very full day epic ride.
Ride the entire Middle Fork Trail from Timpanogas Lake to the bottom. Secure your spot on this wildly scenic ride - a day of singletrack bliss.
(Limited to 20 riders each day).
- Extra cost of $50 per person
Moon Point - Lower Middle Fork (Disciples of Dirt Mt. Bike Club Fundraiser Ride): Moon Point Trail is an awesome trail riding experience and one of our most popular trails. Help MBO raise money for the so the Disciples of Dirt may continue to improve and maintain the Oakridge area trails. A percentage of these proceeds will be donated to their trail fund.
- Extra cost of $30 per person.
Age + Skill Restirctions
You must be age 10 or over to register for MBO as a riding guest.
You should be at least an intermediate level rider to participate in MBO. The Oakridge trails are not beginner friendly.
Full access to the event EXCEPT shuttles and guided rides. There is plenty to see in do in Oakridge including hiking, rock climbing, swimming and fishing.
- $125 for each guest (age 11 and over) for the weekend.
- $60 for each child under 11 for the weekend.
If you need to cancel and request a refund for Mountain Bike Oregon, please email us and make sure the words “Cancellation” or “Refund” are in the subject line. Our refund policy works as follows:
- Greater than 90 days before the beginning of the event: 75% of registration fee refunded
- Between 89 and 60 days before the beginning of the event: 60% of registration fee refunded
- Between 59 and 30 days before the beginning of the event: 50% of registration fee refunded
No refund if cancelled within 30 days of the beginning of the event.
Registration is non-transferable. You cannot sell or give away your MBO pass. These policies will be strictly enforced.
Oakridge is 150 miles south of Portland and 40 miles east of Eugene on Hwy 58.
All aspects of the event takes place just west of Oakridge at the Red Covered Bridge Portal in Westfir. See Map. This gorgeous, serene location, new for 2016, is nestled in the woods with the river rushing by. It is coniently located where the Alpine trail lets out and near a market.
PARKING AND LODGING
Parking + RVs
- Free onsite parking
- RV camping okay, but no RV hook-ups available.
Other Lodging Options
For more local lodging options please visit Eugene, Cascades & Coast.
Below is a list of recommended gear to bring to MBO:
Saturday Night is Aloha Time! in the Adult Beverage Garden.
Come dressed in your luau finest to win sweet prizes!
- Bike shoes
- Bike clothing
- Hydration pack or water bottles
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad (please note: the ground is not very soft at this site)
- Camp chair
- Flashlight or bike light - it's so very dark (and gorgeous) at night
- CASH! Support our local small business economy and make your dinner transactions much easier with cash.
- Festive Hawaiian attire. Saturday is Aloha Time in the Adult Beverage Garden with prizes for the best dressed.
- Teknu or similar for poison oak (just in case)
- Bug spray
- Cozy jacket for the evenings - it gets cool at night
- Snacks to meet your specific dietary needs.
- Remember - Dinner is not included but there is an on-site Food Cart Festival or you can head into town (2 miles) for dinner.
A cooler to keep items cold - there is no refrigeration on site.
- Campfires are not allowed on site at any time